Conference and Events Manager
TheBusinessDesk.com is an online publisher of regional business news with a growing offline presence through a busy schedule of events across the North and Midlands.
Our audience is made up predominantly of senior business executives and professionals and our events programme reflects this in its tone and content.
We are looking to expand our seminar and conference programme and want to recruit an experienced event professional to run this part of our events business.
Work with the editorial and commercial teams to shape the themes and formats of the events to maximise the attractiveness to our audience and commercial partners.
Manage all aspects of the delivery of the event, including:
- securing a suitable venue
- securing appropriate speakers and co-ordinating with them to ensure they are briefed and
- source and negotiate with other vendors and suppliers
- ensuring the marketing and promotion of the events is timely and co-ordinated
- running the events on the day to ensure their smooth delivery, so that attendees and sponsors have a really good experience
- the event debrief, including financials.
Lead on the delivery of a busy schedule and be comfortable managing multiple events concurrently.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and imaginative event manager who is highly-organised and thrives working with a range of stakeholders, both in the business and externally.
They will be a confident individual with strong communication and project management skills, who is good at solving problems that live event delivery throws up.
They will also be comfortable working to KPIs about the frequency and commercial success of the events.
Salary, up to £28,000 plus company laptop & phone