Cream of hospitality industry celebrated
6th October 2010
HOTELS and venues across Sheffield have been celebrated at an annual awards ceremony.
The Hospitality Sheffield Awards, hosted by BBC personality Tom Ingall at Mercure St Paul’s Hotel & Spa, was organised by Hospitality Sheffield, a consortium of 30 members that represent the hospitality industry in the city.
Winners for 2010 were:
Unsung Hero Award 2010
Mark Cooper, Ponds Forge International Centre
Mentor Award 2010
Caroline Bowes, The Hilton, Sheffield
Shooting Star Award 2010
Anne Adolph, The Copthorne Hotel, Sheffield
Team of the Year Award 2010
Housekeeping team, Mosborough Hall
Exceptional Customer Service Award 2010
James Anderson, The Hilton, Sheffield
Innovator Award 2010
Lee Mansell, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Smile voted for by Sheffield Star readers
Katie Prince, Tankersley Manor
Ian Slater, chairman of Hospitality Sheffield and general manager of Park Inn Sheffield, said: “I would like to offer my congratulations to all of our winners and runners up. As with every year, we received an extremely high calibre of entries for the 2010 awards, making a very difficult job for the judges.
“It’s a privilege to work with people that enhance the visitor experience of the city and the awards truly reflect the quality of employees we have here in Sheffield.”
Sponsors included premium drinks supplier Matthew Clark, Mercury Taxis, The Source at Meadow Hall, Marketing Sheffield, Project IT, the Employers Forum and Sheffield Smile.
- Register Now For Free!
- Best friends set to pedal for glory
- Baby boutique's star-studded launch event
- Mazars serve up an ‘Exquisite’ gathering
- Eversheds Movember success
- Carter Jonas to take on the Trailtrekker Challenge
- Leeds property quiz night raises funds
- Sheffield's Investec Wealth & Investment wins industry award
- Energy expert takes on National Three Peaks for charity
- Schofield Sweeney's chosen charity for 2013 revealed
- Keycare gives Yorkshire Air Ambulance a lift