Law firm’s charity event proves a ‘flaming’ success
16th February 2011
THE temperature rose at a law firm’s charity event as staff took part in a fire walk to raise £10,000 for St Gemma’s Hospice.
Organised by Winston Solicitors in Roundhay, the event saw employees from 12 different businesses take part in a two hour training session to prepare for the 20 ft walk across burning wood embers.
Winston Solicitors has previously supported St Gemma’s Hospice but this is the first time the firm has hosted such an event and invited other businesses to take part.
“Knowing St Gemma’s as we do, we wanted to be able to raise a large sum of money for the hospice. The majority of the £8m they need each year is raised via fundraising initiatives and donations,” said Jonathan Winston of Winston Solicitors.
“The firewalk has been a great way to raise awareness of the hospice while giving people the opportunity to have an inspirational experience. Knowing you’ve walked on fire gives you a boost that allows you to achieve anything. A big thanks must go to all the businesses that took part and to everyone who generously donated and supported our event.”
- Register Now For Free!
- Baby boutique's star-studded launch event
- Mazars serve up an ‘Exquisite’ gathering
- Eversheds Movember success
- Carter Jonas to take on the Trailtrekker Challenge
- Leeds property quiz night raises funds
- Sheffield's Investec Wealth & Investment wins industry award
- Energy expert takes on National Three Peaks for charity
- Schofield Sweeney's chosen charity for 2013 revealed
- Keycare gives Yorkshire Air Ambulance a lift
- Charity gives local children's centre a 'push start'