Lawyers tackle half marathon challenge for charity
9th May 2011
A TEAM from DLA Piper's Leeds office joined thousands of competitors in the Leeds half marathon at the weekend, so far raising over £3,000 for Yorkshire-based charity Candlelighters.
More than 40 staff took part in the 13 mile race to raise funds for the charity, which supports children and teenagers across the region who are living with cancer.
Twenty entered the individual race and four teams of six also ran in the group relay.
Sarah Day, managing partner at DLA Piper in Leeds, said: "Providing a vital service to families living with childhood cancer, Candlelighters is an inspirational organisation and we are proud to be able to support its work.
"The Leeds half marathon is a notoriously difficult course so every runner certainly earned their sponsorship - I know I speak for the whole office in congratulating all of our colleagues who took part.”
- Register Now For Free!
- Best friends set to pedal for glory
- Baby boutique's star-studded launch event
- Mazars serve up an ‘Exquisite’ gathering
- Eversheds Movember success
- Carter Jonas to take on the Trailtrekker Challenge
- Leeds property quiz night raises funds
- Sheffield's Investec Wealth & Investment wins industry award
- Energy expert takes on National Three Peaks for charity
- Schofield Sweeney's chosen charity for 2013 revealed
- Keycare gives Yorkshire Air Ambulance a lift