Legal eagles test their knowledge for charity
1st February 2011
YORKSHIRE’S businesses have helped raise more than £1,100 at a charity quiz hosted by the Leeds office of hlw Commercial Lawyers.
Proceeds from the event at Chilli White will be donated to the firm’s chosen charities for 2011, the Leeds Children’s Holiday Camp Association (LCHCA) and Henshaws Society for Blind People.
The team from Kings Chambers barristers won the event, which also included a selection of raffle and auction prizes donated by Yorkshire businesses from a tour of Masham’s Black Sheep Brewery, golf at Oulton Hall Park to a stay at Chambers.
Ian McCombie, joint managing partner at hlw's Leeds office, said: “I’m delighted that we’re supporting these two worthy charities. The evening was a great success and I want to thank all who attended for their support and generous contributions to the funraising.”
LCHCA provides free holidays to more than 300 Leeds primary school children from the city’s most deprived areas each year.
Henshaws Society for Blind People, which has centres in Harrogate, the North East and the North West, helps people with visual impairments and other disabilities to develop skills and independence.
- Register Now For Free!
- Baby boutique's star-studded launch event
- Mazars serve up an ‘Exquisite’ gathering
- Eversheds Movember success
- Carter Jonas to take on the Trailtrekker Challenge
- Leeds property quiz night raises funds
- Sheffield's Investec Wealth & Investment wins industry award
- Energy expert takes on National Three Peaks for charity
- Schofield Sweeney's chosen charity for 2013 revealed
- Keycare gives Yorkshire Air Ambulance a lift
- Charity gives local children's centre a 'push start'