Restoration project commences at historic industrial site

Restoration work is now underway at a historic industrial heritage site in Sheffield. Sipelia Works, close to the city’s Canal Basin, is now the home of charity Emmaus Sheffield, which provides accommodation, training facilities and a workspace for previously homeless men and women aged 18 years and over. Built for industrialists Eyre, Ward & Co between 1850 and 1855, the site eventually became part of Sheaf Works, which was built by William Greaves & Sons in 1825 and was the first integrated steel works in Sheffield.... For the full story register now for free or login below...
Close