Shepherd Construction scoops health and safety award
12th April 2011
SHEPHERD Construction has been celebrating success at The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents’ Occupational Health and Safety awards.
The group, which has its headquarters in York, will pick up a silver award at a ceremony at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel next month.
Safety charity RoSPA launched its awards programme 55 years ago.
The scheme looks at accident records and entrants’ overarching health and safety management systems, including practices such as strong leadership and workforce involvement.
Darren Shattock, health and safety director at Shepherd, said: “I believe that everyone within our business is strongly committed to protecting the health and safety of each other, sub-contractors, clients, visitors and members of the public who could be affected by the work we undertake.
“This external recognition can now be used to promote and reinforce our dedication to continuously improve our health and safety performance.”
- Register Now For Free!
- Best friends set to pedal for glory
- Baby boutique's star-studded launch event
- Mazars serve up an ‘Exquisite’ gathering
- Eversheds Movember success
- Carter Jonas to take on the Trailtrekker Challenge
- Leeds property quiz night raises funds
- Sheffield's Investec Wealth & Investment wins industry award
- Energy expert takes on National Three Peaks for charity
- Schofield Sweeney's chosen charity for 2013 revealed
- Keycare gives Yorkshire Air Ambulance a lift