Stockbroking firmís fundraising takes off
23rd February 2011
STAFF at Redmayne-Bentley stockbrokers achieved more than double their fundraising target by raising £2145 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance (YAA) through a series of fundraising events.
The Leeds-based firm’s charity committee visited the YAA base at Leeds Bradford International Airport to present a cheque to the crew members.
YAA’s West Yorkshire development officer Nicky de Whytell said: “As an independent charity this donation is a great boost for us, and for Redmayne-Bentley staff to raise more than double their fundraising target is a marvellous achievement.
“I would like to thank all the Redmayne-Bentley staff for working so hard to raise funds which will help to keep this vital service going. They have done the people of Yorkshire proud.”
Joanne Meigh, a member of Redmayne-Bentley’s charity committee, added: “Yorkshire Air Ambulance completely relies on donations from the public to keep their helicopters in the air and save lives across the county.
“Over 70% of Redmayne-Bentley staff voted Yorkshire Air Ambulance as the firm’s Charity of the Year. We are pleased that the money we have raised is going to such a deserving cause.”
- Register Now For Free!
- Best friends set to pedal for glory
- Baby boutique's star-studded launch event
- Mazars serve up an ĎExquisiteí gathering
- Eversheds Movember success
- Carter Jonas to take on the Trailtrekker Challenge
- Leeds property quiz night raises funds
- Sheffield's Investec Wealth & Investment wins industry award
- Energy expert takes on National Three Peaks for charity
- Schofield Sweeney's chosen charity for 2013 revealed
- Keycare gives Yorkshire Air Ambulance a lift