Thursfields Solicitors has the resources and expertise to provide a full range of legal services to you and your business.
Our lawyers specialise in corporate and commercial services for companies of all sizes, public sector organisations and charities.
We understand that your business has different requirements at every stage of its life cycle. Whether it is funding growth plans, an acquisition or disposal, governance advice or an exit strategy, our lawyers have the skillset and experience to support you at every stage.
Thursfields’ corporate and commercial team has extensive experience of advising local, national and international clients, our recent experience includes:
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising a UK based oil and gas company on its takeover by a European energy major (effected by way of scheme of arrangement) valuing the target at approximately £10 million with subsequent acquisition of North Sea oil and gas assets.
- Advising a Danish energy major on the sale of an interest in an offshore windfarm project to a Japanese investment bank for approximately £200 million.
- Advising a Herefordshire based tool and plant hire company on a pre-sale reorganisation (including intra-group transfer of assets and stock).
- Advising a UK oil and gas group on a group reorganisation (including intra-group transfer of assets and dissolution of a number of companies in the group structure) to rationalise the group structure and improve tax efficiency.
- Advising a Worcestershire based electronics company on its shareholders’ agreement and related consultancy arrangements and adoption of new articles of association.
- Advising GP practices and practitioners on their partnership agreements.
- Advising Faun Zoeller (UK) Limited on a number of commercial contracts relating to the supply, repair and maintenance of refuse vehicles.
- Advising Airband Community Internet Limited in connection with their successful bid to supply rural broadband services in Wales.
Corporate and property finance
- Refinancing a substantial property portfolio for a large Midlands based housing association.
- Advising various UK banks on lending arrangements and security structures (such as debentures, personal guarantees and cross guarantees).
IPOs, equity fundraisings and investments
- Advising numerous companies in the energy, natural resources and pharmaceuticals sectors on their admissions to trading on AIM and subsequent reverse takeovers, takeovers and secondary fundraisings.
- Advising a Warwickshire based technology company on various rounds of equity investment by institutional investors.
- Acting for a Group in connection with a manufacturing licence with an energy company to build plant rooms for installation into major supermarkets. The plant rooms used by the energy company’s proprietary technology and therefore the agreement needed to address the protection of this IP together with the ownership and use of improvements and new IP. The agreement was particularly complicated and had a value of approximately £400,000 per annum.
- Acting for an IT company in connection with the provision of software development services to provide an NHS Trust with a database driven solution for patient records. Our work included identifying the brief for the development and the original IP and post completion services to be provided (technical support). An escrow agreement was also required in respect of source code in order to protect the public interest.
- Acting for a large real estate developer in the purchase of the freehold (subject to various leases) of a large office block development in the Midlands for £1,850,000.
- Acting for a large specialist hospital in London on various commercial property matters including the purchase of the head lease of premises in Harley Street, London.
With over 150 staff, some having joined us from leading national and international law firms, we provide high quality advice and service, as you may expect from our larger London and Birmingham based rivals, but at a competitive local rate.
Thursfields is home to lawyers in all legal fields including corporate, commercial property, probate, litigation, residential property, family and employment law.