Not the death of the sales manager
Martin Allison, chairman of Saleslevers explains why he believes that the profession of sales is radically changing and what levers are available for ambitious sales leaders.
Selling is changing, fast. The world is more volatile and uncertain. Economic growth has slowed. Buyers are behaving differently. At SalesLevers, we have identified four main driving forces behind these changes:
- Ever since the financial crisis, the world has been more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous. We can’t and also don’t have the luxury of waiting until things “return to normal” to make sales grow again
- Global and national economic growth is currently not robust and will remain fragile for a few years. Sales leaders remain tasked with achieving revenue growth even when the market isn’t expanding. This may involve winning more market share, finding new possibly international markets and/or finding new solutions and approaches
- Buyers and buyer behaviours have changed. Whether you’ve seen the data or know from experience, we all appreciate that buyers are behaving differently. Buyers research products and services initially on the web and hence involve sales people later in their buying process. Purchasing decisions are also likely to involve more people and thereby become more complex. We therefore can’t continue as analogue sales professionals in the evolving digital buying world
- Countless innovations and new technologies are trying to change how we sell. But how can you tell a really valuable, useful enabling solution from the voluminous amount of fluff and hype that exists? How can you integrate solutions to support sales, instead of getting in your team’s way? Approaching innovation the right way, with a clear strategy, can save a lot of trouble and generate real results
Many sales leaders will recognise these challenges. The difficulty is navigating your way to finding the right solutions; we believe Saleslevers will get you there stronger, higher and faster. We know there is a wide variety of “sales performance enablement” offerings on the market, from legacy training providers still struggling to adapt to changing times (whilst still charging high fees), to an increasing plethora of technology solutions some for specific sectors and others more generic, often linked to major IT service providers requiring costly set-up, bespoking and integration fees.
Instead of wasting your valuable time and potentially your organisations capital on short term fixes we believe our approach will support sales leaders in achieving results that will make a sustainable impact on their team’s performance. Here is how we apply our decades of experience and future-focus to make a real impact on your organisation:
- We integrate the art, the science and the business of sales. Most providers don’t combine all three, and yet selling is a careful blend of each discipline. Our directors bring valuable experience, skills and insights to a radically changing sales environment
- We combine long, hard-earned sales experience with a focus on innovation. Our team observes the trends and understands what works well for each client, with solutions tailored to your needs
- Our model is to work in partnership with individuals and businesses whom we have identified as sales change thought leaders, who align with our methodologies, professionalism and disciplined service delivery. Not only does this ensure we have national and international coverage, but we believe it also provides collaborative expertise and resources thereby multiplying the value for our customers
- We have developed robust models and tools to help our customers diagnose, formulate, develop, tune and re-calibrate their sales functions to achieve sustainable sales excellence in an evolving and volatile sales environment
Are you looking to lever your sales performance to a higher and more sustainable level? If so, contact Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org M: 07547 154107