Martyn specialises in all aspects of corporate and finance law. He advises businesses of all sizes, from owner-managed business to international listed companies. His particular expertise and considerable experience lies in mergers and acquisitions, disposals, corporate re-organisations, share buybacks, joint venture arrangements, banking and finance work and partnership arrangements. Martyn also provides general corporate advisory services.
Martyn has a strong reputation as a trusted corporate lawyer with a keen eye for detail, yet pragmatic and commercially sensible
Career Highlights include:
- Advising French conglomerate Altrad SA on its UK acquisition strategy, adding over £45m turnover to the group.
- Advising US corporate shareholder on the sale of Derby County Football Club to Mel Morris.
- Advisor to the Shareholders on the sale of High 5 (an internationally recognized sports nutrition brand) to the Association of British Food group
- Advising the Shareholders on the sale of Royal Crown Derby.
Recent transactions include:
- Advisor to the Shareholders on the sale of High 5 (an internationally recognized sports nutrition brand) to the Association of British Food group – February 2017
- Advisor to the Shareholders on the sale of Bell & Co, a leading Derbyshire based Insurance Brokerage, on the sale to the Aston Scott Group – March 2017
- Advised the MPS Care Group on its acquisition of an 80 bedroom care home in Northfield, South Yorkshire – March 2017
- Advised Henry Boot Developments Limited, on a joint venture with Barnfield Construction, in respect of the Beacon 62 project, an 11.5 acre development site in Knowsley, nr M62 and M57 – 2016