The Mere Golf Resort & Spa
The Mere Golf Resort & Spa is an independently owned luxury resort purchased by the Boler family in 1984.
The resort’s owners completed a £15 million refurbishment in 2012 when they introduced an 81 bedroom hotel and two new restaurants including ‘Browns at The Mere’ and the ‘Club Lounge and Bar’.
This complemented the resort’s existing championship golf course (seven times host to the R&A Open Qualifier), conference and event facilities for up to 550 people and a state-of the-art health club and spa.
Since achieving resort status, The Mere has won several customer and industry awards including:
- Two AA rosettes for its Browns restaurant
- Good Spa Guide 5 Bubbles for exceptional Customer Service
- Hotel of the Year (Cheshire Life)
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Leisure & Tourism Award (Altrincham and Sale Chamber of Commerce)
- Best Marketing Tourism Campaign (Marketing Cheshire)
- Best Wedding Venue South Manchester (Eat, Drink, Sleep Awards)
- Finalist Best Luxury Hotel South Manchester (Eat, Drink, Sleep Awards)
- Finalist in the Asian Wedding Awards as Best Wedding Venue
- Team of the Year – Golf (Marketing Cheshire)
- Plus a highly coveted 84% rating from the AA, one of the highest possible for a 4 star venue
Situated in private parkland in the heart of Cheshire, the resort is conveniently located close to Manchester, Liverpool and Chester. The Mere Golf Resort & Spa is co-owned by CEO, Mark Boler and Chairman, Gary Corbett. Mark Boler is also an Ambassador for Inward Investment for the region for Marketing Cheshire.
You can view The Mere Video here