TheBusinessDesk.com’s landmark Invest North is back for 2022.
Bringing together business and political leaders, the event will explore how the rhetoric of what comes next can be changed into realistic economic growth that benefits the people, businesses and places which make up the dynamic north.
Taking place on 2 March, the event is shaped around five key themes of international, place, talent, funding and investment, and innovation. With events considering topics such as whether the future for inward investment is a collegiate Northern Powerhouse or city focus brands, the story and vision for the North, and how key sectors are helping create thousands of jobs in the region while shaping millions of lives globally.
The event will again be virtual and is being curated by TheBusinessDesk.com and its headline sponsor Squire Patton Boggs, and supported by Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund, Influential and becg.
Confirmed speakers already include:
- Sir Howard Bernstein, former chief executive of Manchester City Council
- Jan Bramall, CFO, Manchester Airport Owner, MAG
- Wayne Hemmingway MBE, partner Hemingway Design
- Lou Cordwell OBE, chair of the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership
- John Moulton, chairman, Better Capital
- Vikas Shah MBE DL, Swiscot Group
- Henri Murison, chief executive, Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Sarah Tomkins, director, Co-op Live
- Irene Graham OBE, CEO, Scale Up Institute
- Kevin Whitmore, Director, Head of North & Midlands BECG
Lee-J Walker, joint managing director of TheBusinessDesk.com, said:
“With the turbulence of the last 12 months which has seen high levels of investment in businesses based in the region alongside further challenges to connectivity across the north, Invest North is back to hone the region’s edge as it looks to carve its position out both nationally and internationally as a leading area for growth.”
Tickets can be booked now Organisations interested in sponsoring the event can contact email@example.com for more information about what opportunities are available.
Alongside the conference, TheBusinessDesk.com is delighted to announce its first Invest North Dinner taking place on 3 March at the Radisson Edwardian in Manchester. Attendees at the dinner will swap pixels for plates as business and political leaders from across the North continue and develop the conversations from the conference and share views on the opportunities, challenges and even next steps for the North as the region continues to forge ahead a new destiny in the wake of challenges.