Manchester Arndale secures almost 100,000 sq ft of lettings in 2019
Metro Bank is the latest store to select Manchester Arndale as its home, as they open the first of 29 new sites in the North.
This follows a raft of successful lettings at the centre with 95,000 sq ft of lettings to its retail, food and beverage and leisure occupiers in 2019.
This news follows:
- All Saints opened its new architectural concept store, while leading footwear store, Footasylum reopened in the centre following an extension and full refit
- In April, Uniqlo opened its flagship store for the North at Manchester Arndale, occupying a completely redesigned 21,000 sq ft unit on Market Street
- American beauty brand, Morphe, which has more than 10 million followers on Instagram, recently opened its first store in Manchester, taking a 4,500 sq ft unit. It is the brand’s sixth store in the UK
- Home and body cosmetics brand Rituals moved into the centre, taking a total of 3,000 sq ft
- Foot Locker and Specsavers signed for larger units in the centre – setting up their flagship stores, while The Entertainer also moved into a larger store
- The food and beverage offer has also been boosted by the arrival of popular burger and shake restaurant, Archie’s, and Kiosk Coffee Bar to Halle Place
Manchester Arndale is one of the UK’s largest city centre shopping destinations, welcoming more than 40 million visitors each year. It already boasts an impressive line-up of more than 200 shops and restaurants, including international and local brands.
Colin Flinn, regional managing director at intu said on behalf of the joint owners: “Manchester Arndale has welcomed a host of national, international and local brands in 2019.
“We have provided larger spaces for various existing occupiers, and rightsized spaces for others, with a host of those we’ve welcomed either new to the market, or the North of the UK.”
Manchester Arndale is owned jointly by M&G Real Estate and intu. The retained agents are Time Retail Partners and Metis Real Estate Advisors.