Ursula is a highly experienced commercial lawyer with particular focus on complex contracts and project work. She works closely with in house legal, technical and finance teams and has a ‘can do’ and pragmatic approach.
She has experience in dealing with a wide range of domestic and international matters including advising on and drafting high value, complex and cross border contracts for both private and public sector clients.
Her experience includes advising on:
– transport projects including expansion of light rail systems, detailed performance payment regimes, infrastructure, tram supply and operating agreements, together with advising on and negotiating various arrangements with other bodies (including government departments, local authorities, train operators, Network Rail and airport operators) on transport and other schemes;
– UK and international joint ventures and strategic alliances and similar arrangements;
– standard, long term and bespoke supply agreements;
– private company sales and purchases and group reorganisations;
– she also advises charities and other not for profit organisations on structural, transactional, governance and commercial matters including on the interface arrangements between the public, private and third sectors.
Clients that Ursula is currently advising include Valero Energy Ltd (former names Chevron/Texaco), Centro (West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive) and Twinings (ABF).
Ursula trained at Clyde & Co and qualified in 1990 at Veale Wasbrough Vizards where she became a partner in 1999. She moved to Pannone in 2001 and was a partner there until the end of 2011 before joining the Shoosmiths team in January 2012.