Thursfields, with offices across Worcestershire and the West Midlands, is a growing law firm. It combines uniquely the ambition of a start up business with the heritage of a long established legal practice. With over 150 staff across 8 locations, some having joined us from leading national and international law firms, we provide high quality advice and service, as you may expect from our larger London and Birmingham based rivals, but at a competitive local rate.
Thursfields has the resources and expertise to provide a full range of legal services to individuals and businesses, whether advising on corporate commercial matters or dealing with a divorce or wealth planning.
Our rapidly growing Commercial Services Division has lawyers who specialise in providing corporate and commercial services to companies of all sizes as well as public sector organisations and charities/not for profits. Whether it is funding growth plans, an acquisition or disposal, governance advice or an exit strategy, our lawyers have the skillset and experience to support at every stage.
Thursfields’ corporate and commercial team has extensive experience of advising local, national and international clients, our recent experience includes:
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising the shareholders of Smartbox Assistive Technology on a sale of the company to Tobii Dynavox, a company listed in Sweden, for £11 million.
- Advising DRP Holdings (one of the UK’s leading creative agencies) on its acquisition of Penguins Events and HMX Corporate Communications.
- Advising a Gloucestershire based group on its reorganisation including the insertion of a holding company and various intra-group transfers of assets.
- Advising a UK oil and gas group on a group reorganisation (including intra-group transfer of assets and dissolution of a number of companies in the group structure) to rationalise the group structure.
- Advising an engineering group listed in Spain on its entry into the UK market by way of joint venture.
- Advising a West Midlands based group on a joint venture with an Indian corporate to facilitate expansion of its business into India.
- Advising Freemans Event Partners (who ran Oktoberfest UK 2018 for 50 nights) on their commercial contracts with beer supplier ROK Stars.
- Advising Formula 2 star driver Jordan King on his new contract with a leading London-based sports agency.
Private equity and investments
- Advising Airband Community Internet (Airband) on its £16 million investment by the National Digital Infrastructure Fund (NDIF) and advising the shareholders of Airband on the sale of a substantial minority interest in Airband to NDIF
- Advising a Worcestershire based Select Research on various rounds of equity fundraisings.
Thursfields is home to lawyers in all legal fields including corporate, commercial, commercial property, wills and estates, litigation, residential property, family and employment law.