Two share top turnaround title in St Nick’s Awards
TWO people are to share the title Turnaround Professional of the Year it was announced last night at the Endless Midlands “Saint Nick” Turnaround Awards.
Held at the Jam House in Birmingham, the event recognised work carried out by professionals across the advisory and financial sectors in the turnaround and restructuring community in the Midlands, as well as raising money for charity. This year, around £8,000 was raised for a breakfast club at the Matthew Boulton Community Primary School in Handsworth, which will be launched in association with the Greggs Foundation.
Matthew Hammond of PwC shared the top prize with Deloitte’s Simon Adcock, following a vote by attendees at the event. Other winners included Gemma Curtis of Eversheds (pictured), who won the Lawyer of the Year category.
The event was held at the Jamhouse and with over 300 in attendance, the event was for the second year a sell-out.
Darren Forshaw, partner at Endless, commented “The Midlands’ turnaround and restructuring community has continued to be at the forefront of helping rescue businesses and save jobs in what is a very difficult economy. The Saint Nick Awards recognises this, and we would like to congratulate the winners and nominees on their success.”
The full list of winners:
- Big Firm Accountants of the Year – KPMG
- Mid Tier/Boutique Restructuring Firm of the Year – Duff & Phelps
- Large Law Firm of the Year – Eversheds
- Mid Tier Law Firm of the Year – Gateley
- Most Supportive ABL of the Year – Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance
- Most Supportive Bank – Barclays Bank
- Valuation Agency Firm of the Year – GVA
- Accountant of the Year – John Whitfield, Duff & Phelps
- Lawyer of the Year – Gemma Curtis, Eversheds
- Banker of the Year – Iain Stout, Barclays and Jeremy Meadows, Lloyds Banking Group
- ABL Professional of the Year – Jason Holland, Leumi ABL
- PA of the Year – Cathy Taylor
- Rising Star of the Year – Louise Philips, Gateley and So Kim Lau, Ernst & Young
- Company Director of the Year – Peter Bridge
- Turnaround Professional of the Year – Matthew Hammond, PwC and Simon Adcock, Deloitte.
Endless LLP is the UK’s leading turnaround investor. The firm is a UK based private equity house, specialising in the provision of financial investment and hands-on expertise to companies in special situations or turnaround. Established in December 2005, Endless has offices in Leeds, London, Manchester and Birmingham.
Endless currently has more than £500 million under management and is investing Fund III of £220 million. Other Endless investments include Acenta Steel Ltd, The Works bookstores, Liberata and Vasanta Group.