Finance firm’s Yorkshire hub expands due to increasing deal activity
Clearwater International’s Yorkshire office has completed deals totalling a value of £428m, and increased its head count to eight team members since launching 12 month ago.
Overseen by Partner Richard Goldsack, the team provides M&A and debt advisory expertise to clients in the region, as well as a deal origination functionality to continue to strengthen its relationships in the area.
The office was the mid-market advisory firm’s fifth territory in the UK, in addition to hubs based in the East and West Midlands, North West and London.
Since the office’s launch in January 2020, it has completed transactions across business services, healthcare, industrials and chemicals and TMT. These have included:
- Advising private equity firm LDC on backing the merger of Lomond Capital and Linley & Simpson in a £100m transaction.
- Advising Symity a provider of Unified Communications (UC) solutions, on its sale to Charterhouse Voice and Data, backed by August Private Equity.
- Advising NMC Group Ltd on its sale to winter maintenance provider, GRITIT, a portfolio company of Total Capital Partners.
- Advising Advanced on its acquisition of Mitrefinch, a global provider of workforce management solutions.
- Advising Hollings Ltd, a supplier of natural dog treats on its sale to Assisi Pet Care Ltd , an animal care services provider.
- Advising the management team at Rosemont Pharmaceuticals, the UK’s leading liquid pharmaceuticals business, on its carve out from US listed company Perrigo, to Inflexion.
Overall, Clearwater International’s UK team have completed a total of 42 deals in 2020, with a deal value worth £1.8bn, across sectors including business services, healthcare and TMT.
Goldsack, partner, Clearwater International, said: “We launched our office at the start of 2020 and could never have imagined the challenges we would face some 12 months on.
“However, deal making has shown resilience and we couldn’t be prouder to work with our established network in the region.
“We’ve worked with some phenomenal businesses across some crucial sectors and we look forward to strengthening our regional footprint even further in 2021.”