Don’t miss Yorkshire’s leading sustainability conference today
Register for free to receive latest news stories direct to your inboxRegister
Yorkshire’s leading sustainability conference is taking place today and there is still time to secure your free ticket.
In the Circle Yorkshire is for businesses leaders and managers who want to better understand the opportunities that embracing sustainability initiatives can bring.
The virtual conference will be opened by the Minister for Climate Change, Lord Callanan, before attendees have the opportunity to hear from business leaders, policy makers and academics about how a sustainable approach can improve your business, as well as benefitting the region. Click here to book your free place.
With sustainability high on the agenda and set to stay there as a result of the UK hosting COP26 later this year, the agenda for the conference includes keynote speakers, panel discussions and case studies that will showcase the organisations leading change across Yorkshire while highlighting how businesses can benefit from being part of this positive change.
Lord Callanan will be joined during the event by speakers including:
- Steve Oliver, group chief executive and co-founder of the hugely-successful re-commerce business musicMagpie
- Dame Sarah Storey, Britain’s most successful female Paralympian and now Active Travel Commissioner for the Sheffield City Region
- Catherine Westoby, Net Zero Business Engagement Lead in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Mike Barry, the former director of sustainable business at Marks & Spencer, where he delivered its ground-breaking “Plan A” programme
- Prof Andy Gouldson, professor of environmental policy at the University of Leeds and chair of Leeds Climate Commission, who has delivered reports to more than 20 UK cities including York, Edinburgh and Leeds detailing how we can deliver carbon neutrality by 2050
The event is in partnership with musicMagpie, Squire Patton Boggs and TheBusinessDesk.com, and is being sponsored by the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund, EV3 Power, Harworth Group, Mott Macdonald, Orderly, Whitecap, and Curveblock.