Jodie has 25 years’ experience advising private clients, business owners, trustees and family offices. This includes 6 years spent in-house running family offices for two entrepreneurial, philanthropic families. Her experience as a private client adviser, as well as in running family offices and being a trustee, has given Jodie deep insight into many issues wealthy families and family businesses face and also ideas and strategies for dealing with challenges that can arise.
Areas of expertise
- Personal taxes
- Family offices
- Family Businesses
- Succession Planning
- Strategic and agricultural land
- UK and offshore trusts
- Crypto assets
Notable client work and achievements
Working with both UK and internationally based clients, Jodie’s achievements include supporting business owners through the lifecycles of their businesses from start-up to sale, wealth structuring, supporting landowners on the sale of strategic land, successful negotiations of complex issues with HMRC and repatriation of offshore structures to the UK.
- Jodie’s direct experience of both setting up and running family offices means she is well placed to advise on family office structuring and to be a trusted adviser to family office executives.
- Jodie is highly regarded for her natural empathy and diplomacy in helping clients navigate what can sometimes be emotionally complex situations, such as succession, divorce and disputes within the family / family business.
- Known for her ability to explain complex issues in a clear and straightforward way, she also regularly advises clients on how to simplify their financial structures.
- Jodie regular presents at external professional seminars. Previous CIOT and STEP presentations include ‘The Generation Game’, ‘IHT Business Relief for Groups of Companies’ and ‘Structuring Philanthropy’.
- Jodie is the founder of a community regeneration charity and chairs the board of trustees. She is also a professional trustee of a family foundation.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- Fellow of the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT)
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Vice Chair of STEP Yorkshire
- Former Chair of CIOT North East England branch