Simon Morris – Head of Corporate – Raworths LLP
Born in York
Educated at St Peter’s School, York and Sheffield Hallam University
Previous roles: Norton Rose, DLA Piper and Tillinghast Towers Perrin actuarial consultancy on the Lloyds London rescue package.
Joined Raworths in 2001
Simon is Harrogate’s pre-eminent corporate lawyer focusing on the SME sector with particular strength and reputation in relation to family businesses, owner-managed businesses, business angels, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Simon leads a team of four comprising a 10-year PQE corporate commercial solicitor, a Brazilian-qualified lawyer who is obtaining her English conversion certificate and is currently operating as a paralegal as well as further paralegal//support. This is the largest dedicated corporate and commercial unit based and operating within the Harrogate area. Simon is also a member of the three-person executive committee (Board of Management) of the firm.
Simon advises on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Investment agreements and EIS structuring
- Employee incentives and share options
- Demergers and reorganisations
- Succession planning
- Management buy-ins and buy-outs
Matters Simon has advised upon include:
- The multi-million pound MBO of a major facilities management company and subsequent debt re-structure.
- Acting for the sellers on a £12 million plus disposal to a venture capital backed MBI team.
- Acquisition of the entire European operation of a US manufacturing business in Chapter 11 protection.
- De-merger and multi-million pound sale of an advertising business to a US buyer.
- Structuring the investment for a major environmental led energy business start up
- The conversion of a major software provider into an LLP.
- Constitutional re-structuring of a national not-for-profit organisation.
- Multi-million pound re-structuring of a family owned property investment business.
- Acting for the vendors on a partial MBI of a long established printing company and subsequent re-structuring.
Clients credit Simon with being “very commercial and personable” and “an incredibly talented lawyer”. Bringing a pragmatic and commercial approach at both a strategic and implementational level to his clients’ objectives.
Chambers Directory says: … the team overall providing “extremely useful guidance in all areas”. The team’s experience in acting in the professional services sector, media and the food industry being specifically highlighted.
Address: Eton House, 89 Station Parade, Harrogate HG1 1HF
Telephone: 01423 566666