Business leaders and policymakers revealed for North West sustainability conference In the Circle
With less than two weeks to go for North West Sustainability Conference In The Circle, we can now reveal the big names from business and the sustainability sector that will be shaping the conversation.
The FREE virtual conference will take place on 30 June and will put the spotlight on transport, manufacturing, construction, supply chain, green finance, and the North West’s response to the crucial COP26 summit.
In the Circle will hear from business leaders, policy makers and academics as they set out how a sustainable approach can improve your business, as well as benefitting the region. Click here to book your free place.
The conference is in partnership with musicMagpie, Squire Patton Boggs and TheBusinessDesk.com.
They will lead sessions on the fast-growing hydrogen sector and the role of recommerce respectively.
The day will also hear from leading experts on sustainability and business, including:
- Mike Barry, the former director of sustainable business at Marks & Spencer, where he delivered its ground-breaking “Plan A” programme
- Steve Oliver, group chief executive and co-founder of the hugely-successful recommerce business musicMagpie
- Nick Baker, Deputy Director for Business and Engagement in the COP26 Unit, part of Cabinet Office, who leads on business, civil society, youth, cities and regions as well as sponsorship for the summit
- Peter Cole, Principal Environmental and Sustainability Officer, Transport for the North where he has been leading the development of TfN’s Decabonisation Strategy
- Tricia Williams is chief operating officer, Northern Rail and has oversight of its regional operations, engineering, control, performance and its transformation plans
They will be joined by Mark Atherton, Director of Environment at Greater Manchester Combined Authority, Will Ennett, Head of Sustainability at TalkTalk, Amer Gaffar, Director of Fuel Cell Innovation Centre at Manchester Metropolitan University and Chris Harrop OBE, Group Sustainability Director at Marshalls Plc.
Alec Walton, chief executive of In the Circle, said: “This event will bring together a range of industry experts, policymakers and leading businesses to discuss the road to net zero, sustainability, decarbonisation and balancing profits and purpose.
“This is a must-attend event for business leaders and managers who want to understand more deeply how they can benefit their business and the environment at the same time, as well as provide an introduction to the many SMEs who want to be part of the change but are unsure where to start.”
In the Circle is also being supported by Orderly, Whitecap Consulting, and the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund.
Click here to check out the full agenda and 30+ confirmed speakers.
To book your free place for the June 30 event click here.