Business community urged to support children’s awards
A BLACK Country children’s support organisation is calling on the region’s business community to support its new awards scheme.
Tappy Twins is a support group founded by Suzanne Skeete which helps young people learn how to take control of their emotions.
The awards, Courageous Kids, aims to celebrate all that the children the group works with and to recognise what has been achieved over the past year.
Many of the youngsters come from underprivileged backgrounds and struggle day to day, rarely having time for real enjoyment or celebration or recognition.
“Not only do we want to acknowledge their accomplishments but we also want to set things in motion for their futures,” said Ms Skeete, who has teamed up with professional singer songwriter Jo Jeffries to organise the event.
“We are hoping for sponsors and donations to assist with financing the event, for companies that might provide an experience for one of our winners, for mentors, opportunities, work placements, or even apprenticeships. Or simply just join us in celebration on the night.
“With your help these children can look forward to the bright futures they deserve.”
The awards ceremony takes part on Saturday November 21, 2015 between 4pm and 11pm in the Great Hall, Birmingham University.
The event begins with a drinks reception, followed by dinner and the awards ceremony, hosted by television presenter Marverine Cole.
“Our sponsors, judges, organisers, children and the press will come together to share, network, celebrate, make memories and start new chapters. We hope the evening will be the catalyst for amazing journeys, opportunities and relationships,” added Ms Skeete.
Judges for the awards are:
• Gary Newbon – Sky Sports Presenter
• Llewela Bailey – Independent Broadcast Media Professional, Ex-Central TV Presenter
• Bob Hall – Head of News, Big Centre TV
• Trevor Foster – Independent Business Advisor
• Tim Andrews – Chair of LoveBrum, managing director of Hollywood Monster
• Clare Bramley – Independent Broadcast Media Advisor
• Raj Holness – West Midlands Woman of the Year 2015, Author, Founder of Breaking the Silence
• PJ Ellis – Big Brother Contestant, CEO – LoveBrum, Co-founder – Bukbro
• Johnny Doom – Radio DJ – Kerrang! Radio
• Sue Buckler – Radio and TV Plugger
• Leigh Perry – Founder of Dorridge Music School
• Justice Williams (MBE) – Founder – West Midlands Women of the Year Awards and City & Style Birmingham
• Judi Strange (MBE) – Awarded an MBE in recognition of her work to eradicate child poverty.
Ms Skeete said there were a range of sponsorship opportunities to match any CSR or marketing budget. Personal donations are also being sought.
Further information is available from Suzanne Skeete on 03306 601274 or 07507 228319 or email: email@example.com
Alternatively contact Jo Jeffries on 07984 319692 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org