Fresh chapter for country house following listed property company relocation
A Grade II Listed country house-style office headquarters sitting in 10 acres of gardens and woodland in south west Sheffield is up for sale.
Banner Cross Hall, which dates back to 1821, has been used by land and property company Henry Boot PLC as its headquarters up to the present day, since its purchase in 1932.
The firm is relocating to new offices in the city centre and has appointed Sheffield commercial property consultants Knight Frank to market the 17,386 sq ft building and substantial plot which has potential for offices, residential, retirement living, leisure, education and hospitality uses, subject to planning.
The property, which was formerly the site of an Elizabethan mansion, includes a two storey 10,264 sq ft main hall; a 4,674 sq ft stable block, a 1,773 sq ft semi-detached bungalow and a 1,796 sq ft orangery. It also has parking spaces for around 75 cars.
Historically planning had been granted for new build development within the grounds for a 33,222 sq ft two to three storey office building with parking for 125 cars.
Peter Whiteley, partner and head of office at Knight Frank in Sheffield, said: “The property has most recently been used by Henry Boot as an office headquarters with ancillary accommodation, on the site of just over ten acres.
“Although currently used as offices, this opportunity could suit a number of alternative uses including residential, retirement living, leisure, education or hospitality, subject to appropriate consents.
“We believe the property will be of interest to a broad market including owner occupiers, developers and investors. Both myself and Tearle Phelan, Partner and head of residential development for the region, are acting on the sale.”