25 March, 2022
9:15am – 4:00pm
16 March, 2022
Dinner at Millennium Point, Birmingham
Single Conference Ticket: £40 + VAT
There are a number of high profile opportunities available. To discuss these please email email@example.com
Invest Midlands returns for 2022.
TheBusinessDesk.com is announcing the return of Invest Midlands, its landmark conference which brings together business and political leaders to explore how the rhetoric of what comes next can be changed into realistic economic growth that benefits the people, businesses and places which make up the dynamic region.
The event which for 2022 will continue to be virtual is being curated by TheBusinessDesk.com and its sponsors becg, the University of Birmingham, Millennium Point and Phoenix Group.
The full-day conference will be packed with insight, analysis and original research that will make it an inspiring and informative event that can’t be missed by anyone investing, working or innovating in the Midlands.
For the first time the conference was complemented by the Invest Midlands dinner at Millennium Point in Birmingham on March 16, with a guest list featuring our speakers and some of the biggest names in Midlands business.
Attendees turned pixels into plates and kicked off the conversation in person with some of the Midlands’ leading business figures at Millennium Point. Next up is the conference.
A stellar line-up of speakers for the conference is already confirmed including:
- Nick Gibb, deputy managing director for the Midlands, Willmott Dixon
- Maria Machancoses, CEO, Midlands Connect
- Ian MacLeod, director for planning, transport & sustainability, Birmingham City Council
- Sajeeda Rose, corporate director for growth & city development, Nottingham City Council
- Tom Huffsmith, Project Manager, The Island Quarter, Conygar
- Becky Valentine, co-owner, Spenbeck
- John Holley, Investment Director, Watkin Jones
- Ben Dorks, CEO, Ideagen
- Jane Theaker, CEO, PBD Biotech
- Kevin Harris, chair, Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership
- Kevin Whitmore, Director – Head of North & Midlands – BECG
- Dr Tom Burr – Chief Scientific Officer – Source BioScience
- Guy McEvoy, CEO & Founder, GuyKat
- Dr Nik Kotecha OBE, Founder and Chairman of Morningside Pharmaceuticals
- Natalie Gasson-McKinley, Development Manager, Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire, FSB
- Dave Hodgetts, Chief Executive, Talbots Law
- Lance Hill, MD, Eight Days a Week Print Solutions
- Professor Gino Martini, Managing Director Precision Health Technology Accelerator (PHTA) for University of Birmingham and Birmingham Health Partners
- Lorna Pimlott, Phase 2 Sponsorship Director, HS2
- Paul Faulkner, Chief of Staff, RCL Associates
- Faye Summers – HR Director, UK Flooring Direct
- Tom Sumpster – Head of Private Debt Origination, Phoenix Asset Management, Phoenix Group plc
- Habiba Khatoon, Director, Robert Walters
- Ardian Mula, CEO, Foodhub
- Shehzad Chaudhary, Midlands Deputy Director, DIT
- Dr Sophie Dale-Black, Director, UK Network – Midlands and North of England
Lee-J Walker, joint managing director of TheBusinessDesk.com, said: “Invest Midlands in 2021 was a major business event for the region in the first half of 2021.
“With the turbulence of the last 12 months which has seen high levels of investment in businesses based in the region alongside further challenges to connectivity across the Midlands, Invest Midlands is back to hone the region’s edge as it looks to carve its position out both nationally and internationally as a leading area for growth.
“We are looking forward to welcoming business leaders and influencers to a day packed full of inspiration and opportunity.”
Organisations interested in sponsoring the event can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about what opportunities are available.