Northern Asian Powerlist 2022 – Digital and Technology winner
Farooq Hakim DL, vice president of strategic clients & cloud transformation at Oracle, won the Digital and Technology category of the Northern Asian Powerlist 2022.
The full list of winners, along with all those shortlisted, was announced on 6 October.
Hakim has over 20 years’ involvement in the delivery of complex business transformation programmes with executive roles as chief operating officer, vice president, chief information officer and chief technology officer.
He has used his experience and expertise to drive digital transformation in a community focused way, working with the North East LEP and the University of Sunderland.
The Digital and Technology category is designed to shine a spotlight on the individuals who are riding the technology wave from fintech to artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain.
Click here to download the 2022 Northern Asian Powerlist
Shortlisted for the Digital and Technology category were:
North East –
• Dr Ram Senasi, chairman, Imperial Medical Solutions
North West –
• Kam Kothia OBE DL, chief executive officer, E-business UK
• Mohammed Hannan, head of digital innovation, Johnson & Johnson
• Tahir Mohsan, founder, Time Computers
Yorkshire & the Humber –
• Jag Panesar, director, Xpand
• Tarique Sheikh, studio manager, Prime Focus Technologies
• Zeshan Sattar, senior director of learning & skills certification, CompTIA
Furqan Alamgir, part of the judging panel for this category, said: “The Northern Asian Powerlist empowers diversity across a wide range of businesses and is a great way to shine a light on talent across the Asian community.
“It is a privilege to be on the judging panel for the Digital and Technology award, and to work alongside great influencers in businesses across the North, as well as past winners of the awards.”