Feeling the PRide as Yorkshire’s public relations companies take the spotlight
THE crème de la crème of Yorkshire’s public relations teams and businesses were out in force last night at the CIPR PRide Awards.
The 2015 Chartered Institute of Public Relations Yorkshire and Lincolnshire awards dinner was held at Aspire, Leeds, and hosted by presenter and journalist Gaynor Barnes, to celebrate the best public relations campaigns, teams, individuals and agencies outside London.
Umpf, Prohibition and Yorkshire Building Society were among the winners at the glittering awards ceremony.
St John Ambulance took the prestigious Gold Award for Regional Campaign of the Year for “First Aid For All”, launched to increase its presence and first aid output in Leeds to adults and young people. According to the judges it was a “remarkable – and very probably – life-saving region wide campaign.”
Multiple gold award winners on the night included Grayling, Northern Powergrid and Wolfstar.
Paul Amourdedieu MCIPR, Chair of CIPR Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and Senior Manager, Public Relations and Social Media at TD Direct Investing, said: “If anything proves that we’re punching above our weight as a region, it’s the quality of the entries on display at this year’s Awards. It’s an exciting time for public relations, which is becoming more influential in both the workplace and in organisations of all types.
“The campaigns and winning teams celebrated tonight touch every segment of business and every part of society – they highlight that Yorkshire truly has re-secured its position as the centre of excellence outside of the capital for public relations and organisational communications.
“2016 will be an exciting year for the region’s professionals”
The Gold Award winners this year are:
• Wolfstar – Corporate and Business Communications Campaign for KPMG – Nunwood – US CEE outreach campaign
• Northern Powergrid – Internal Communications Campaign for Team Powergrid: Hidden Heroes Every Day
• Umpf – Consumer Relations Campaign for The World’s First Dog Selfie Mirror
• Grayling – Public Sector Campaign for Giving YPO a voice
• Northern Powergrid – Community Relations Campaign for Northern Powergrid and Ahead Partnership: Make the Grade,
• Yorkshire Building Society – Public Affairs Campaign for 2015 General Election: housing market engagement
• Leeds Beckett Students’ Union and Leeds University Union – Not-for-Profit Campaign for Give a XXXX, Give an X, Banana Kick
• Prohibition – Integrated Campaign for Motherhood – The Hardest Job in the World
• Content Soup – Low Budget Campaign for Suits you Sir! The world’s first bespoke cycling suit for businessmen
• Shooting Star – STEM Campaign for Onlincolnshire – Making the Broadband Connection
• St John Ambulance – Regional Campaign of the Year for First Aid For All
• Yorkshire Building Society and Hatch Communications – Best Use of Media Relations for Yorkshire Building Society’s 150th Anniversary,
• Aberfield Communications – Best Use of Social Media for The Football Pools – All To Play For
• Wolfstar – Best Event for: Husqvarna World Pole Climbing Championship
• Grayling – Issues or Crisis Management for Reconnecting M&S with Harrogate
• Katie Mallinson MCIPR, Scriba PR – Outstanding Young Communicator:
• ongo – Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team
• Prohibition – Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy
• Umpf – Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy