This year’s Rainmaker Awards winners announced at gala celebration night
Private investment bank GCA Altium walked away with two awards at this year’s Rainmaker Awards.
The Manchester based business won the Corporate Finance Team award and the prestigious Rainmaker of the Year award.
The awards, which are now in their fifth year, were handed out in front of a packed audience at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester.
The awards are unique because they are chosen by the corporate finance community through an online voting system.
Three hundred guests from the private equity community were at the ceremony.
Michael Ribbeck, North West editor of the TheBusinessDesk.com said: “We are proud of our awards because they are truly representative of what is going on out there in the market place.
“Despite the continued uncertainty surrounding the economy here in the North West the region and its business community seems to get stronger by the year.
“These are our biggest and best awards yet and we are delighted with the support we continue to receive from the private equity community in this great city and region of ours.”
The awards were sponsored by Michael Page and AC2E and this year a new category has been added.
The Changemaker Award recognises the work of an individual who has done their best to make a difference when it comes to diversity, equality and inclusion.
The awards went to:
- Legal team of the year: DWF
- Corporate Finance Team of the Year: GCA Altium
- Private Equity Team of the Year: Business Growth Fund
- Funder of the Year: Tosca Debt Capital
- Young Rainmaker of the Year: Matt Pomroy from Foresight
- Small Cap Deal of the Year: Law Firm Knights acquisition of Turner Parkinson
- International Deal of the Year: GB Group’s acquisition of Idology
- Private Company Deal of the Year: Inflexion bought a 30% stake in UK Fast
- Changemaker of the Year: Beth Houghton
- Private Equity Exit Deal of the Year: Travel Counsellors
- M&A Deal of the Year: Acelity
- Public Markets Deal of the Year: Flotation of AJ Bell
- Rainmaker of the Year: Phil Adams, GCA Altium