CBI hands over new evidence to police
Beleagured business organisation the CBI says it has passed on fresh information to the police over a “serious criminal offence”.
Earlier this month, director general Tony Danker stepped down over allegations of systemic and historic workplace conduct. He has since complained in the national press that he has been made a scapegoat for wider problems in the CBI, which has made clear that he is not under investigation over allegations of other offences, which include sexual assualt.
In a statement on Thursday (April 20), the CBI said: “Late yesterday afternoon the CBI was made aware of additional information relating to a report of a serious criminal offence. We have passed that information immediately to the police, with whom we are liaising closely and who have asked us not to comment further on potentially criminal matters. Recognising the need for confidentiality, we urge anyone, including the media, who has further information in relation to any alleged offence to also report that to the police.
“We are anticipating findings from Fox Williams on the matters it has been looking at imminently. The board will be communicating its response to this and other steps we are taking to bring about the wider change that is needed early next week.”