M1 closed for most of the day near Nottingham
The M1 is closed southbound between J26 and J25 near Nottingham after a multiple vehicle collision.
All emergency services are working at the scene with a response being led by Nottinghamshire police.
Highways England says the road is likely to remain closed throughout the day for collision investigation work, and that there are delays of up to 30 minutes back towards J27.
A diversion route has been installed:
– Exit at J26 and at the roundabout take the first exit on to the A640 eastbound
– The roundabout with the A6002 take the fourth exit
– Follow the A6002 southbound to the mini-roundabout with the A6007 near Bramcote Hills Park
– Turn left on to the A6007 eastbound to the Bramcote Island roundabout with the A52
– Take the third exit from the roundabout on to the A52 Brian Clough Way
– Remain on the A52 to J25 of the M1 roundabout. Take the second exit to re-join the M1 southbound